Saturday, December 31, 2011

Scrappy New Year!



I'm determined this year to make a significant dent in my fabric stash. Starting now, all new fabric I bring in will be kept separate from the old fabric. I really just want to use up my older fabrics and have a stash consisting all of fabrics from this century! My goal is to make 12 scrappy projects in 2012. I'll be blogging about each one as I go. Wanna join me? I have a rough plan in mind. There'll be a nice variety of projects. Some small, some big, some quick, and some that I'll work on over time.

I'll start in January with a bit of fabric sorting and the "set up" of a cute project that will be the scrappiest of all scrap projects! Then, the first quilt will be made of fabrics that read as solid(ish). As I'm cutting the squares and rectangles for it, I'll also be saving the smaller pieces to start a hexie lap quilt. The hexie quilt will be a hand project that I'll work on over a period of several months. I like to have a portable hand sewing project going all the time.

I really want to work up a big pile of everyday quilts. You know, the kind that get used constantly - to curl up under when reading, watching tv, or working on a hand sewing project! The type of quilts little kids drag around outside and the dog sleeps on.

There will be strings, half-square triangles, rectangles, stars, paper pieces, applique, yo-yos and maybe even a little crazy quilting!

Please consider quilting along with me. You can do all of the projects or just pick and choose what you like. I'd love to get your comments and feedback as we go!

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I will try to participate - there are so many wonderful projects going on all over the place I don't know if I can keep up with all of them!!! I can't wait to see what you create :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing the projects you come up with. Hopefully I will even make them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking forward to seeing the projects and sewing some of them with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scrappy is good, I have been shopping my stash and using scraps for over a year, still got lots to go too.

    ReplyDelete