Friday, January 20, 2012

A Scrappy Finish

I'm sitting here all snuggled up under a freshly washed scrappy quilt typing up this post. I really wasn't that crazy about it as I was finishing the quilting part, but it is kind of growing on me. 



It seems whenever I go to my stash for a fabric or two, I pull out only the really cool pieces. Eventually I end up with this giant stash of . . . . oh, I hate to say ugly . . . so let's just say giant stash of fabrics that have a nice personality!

That stash has been growing like that for years and I just keep shuffling them down in the bins and ignoring them. But don't they look nice all quilted up together? Right now I have this quilt draped over my lap and wrapped up all around my feet. I don't even care that I'm dusting the dining room floor with it! That's exactly the kind of quilts I want to have around the house. They're not show pieces, they're just functional and snuggly warm.

Here's what I consider the real bonus to all this. Taking into account the seam allowances and scrap I've trimmed off these pieces. I figure I've reduced my "dull" stash by at least 5000 square inches!!  Yippee!

Anyone else finished or getting close? Please consider sharing a picture with us on the SassyPack Facebook page.

Next month, we'll get going on our scrappy doggie bed and maybe start an English Paper Piecing project that we can work on over a long period of time. So be a good friend and tell your friends about our fun little quilt along!  :)

6 comments:

  1. I like it! A great use of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt! Saw your placemat tutorial on Sew Bittersweet today, how neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this quilt on Stitched In color (one of the Festival of Scrappiness quilt photos). Yours is the only one I clicked on, it was my favorite. Stands out from all the other brights with white. They are lovely too but somehow all look the same after a while.
    To each his own, eh? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful comment - you totally made my day! Thanks for taking the time to tell me that. :)

      Delete
  4. I like how this one looks with the simple shapes and vertical quilting. Almost looks like solids from here with a great texture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I'm such of fan of your work, that means a lot to me! :)

      Delete